Monday 13 June 2016

Pie Mate Maximus

Think of the most delicious drink flavour you can think of - was it tomato sauce? No? Oh, weird. The Maximus team were SO sure you'd be all for it, so they developed a flavour which is supposed to perfectly compliment your pie-slathered-with-tomato-sauce lunch.

All of a sudden, much like the 'Message Seen' function on Facebook, the product that no one wanted took its proud place on our shelves.

MMMM only good things will come of this.
This could go one of two ways, everyone! Do you think it's going to be:

A) Deliciously fresh and thirst quenching, bursting with the ambrosia of natural flavours
OR
B) Horrible

(Spoilers! it's B) Horrible)

When I was younger and if we went our to dinner, my siblings and I usually got bored with the icecream desert, so we'd mix in salt, sugar, pepper, water, and various other scraps on the table and then dare each other to drink it. Pie Mate Maximus tastes like a Frankenstein's monster - horribly sweet with a tang of tomato and a plentiful dash of regret.

The drink is a self proclaimed '1 litre goblet of hydration' which gives your gag reflex such a spasm when you drink a mouthful it could be considered an exorcism. The Pie Mate beverage amusingly has no trace of tomato in its ingredients (GASP), although I love the commitment to wacky flavours. I've literally never tried anything like it, and if you have the chance you simply must take a gulp.

The label recommends you "Bite. Your Pie // Swig. Maximus // Repeart. Until finished" and regrettably I couldn't comply as I had no pie. I feel like MAYBE I've missed the recommended experience of this drink so perhaps I am seriously missing out. 

But then again, I'm probably not.

KICKSHAW FLAVOUR RATING
1 out of 5

SHOULD YOU TRY?
Yes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment