Wednesday 17 August 2016

Triple Choc Mars, Max Choc Snickers & Triple Flavour Kit Kat

Boy HOWDY I was getting nervous when I hadn't tried a new zany flavour from Nestlé/Mars in a while, when luckily on my visit to Coles I found not one, not two, but THREE new delightful* variants of well-loved chocolate bars! I was starving to death after a day of normal people food so I abandoned any sensible pre-dinner  plans and went ALL OUT and ate all three. 
The first on our selection is the Snickers variation, MAX CHOC. It's basically a normal Snicker, but the bits that used to be brown are MAXIMUM BROWN. The nougat is now 'chocolate' flavoured (thank god) and the caramel is also 'chocolate' flavoured (thank god??). It's so brown in shade now Sonia Krugar has allegedly called for the boarders to be closed. It tastes almost identical to a normal Snickers - the dark chocolate I guess would be about 40% (I threw it away from boredom so I'm not sure), so it's very inoffensive. Perfect if you've feeling a little on the DANGEROUS SIDE but you're still beige as hell.

Which brings me to the next groundbreaking offering - the Triple CHOC Mars bar. This absolutely tastes like a regular Mars bar. No further comment.

The last bizarre offering is the Triple Flavoured Kit Kat. I like to imagine Nestle is run by a school of Tuna fish - you know, the fish that keep swimming in new directions otherwise they die? I think my dream is actually becoming a reality since it seems me like no one at Nestlé has any idea what they're doing with Kit Kats. We had the disastrous '3 textures' series for a mercifully short while before it was replaced with a caramel variety that claimed to he something along the lines of 'everyone's favourite part' (read: it was the most normal). Now we're bestowed with this bizarre chocolate bar that has three different flavours - one for each piece. Who has ACTUALLY ever craved three variants of one thing at once? 

Also, this is billed as another 'favourite' thing - who is on this favourites panel and WHY am I not on there to scream at anyone who proposes these things? Frankly the best flavour was Kit Kat Cookie Dough, which was discontinued years ago (RIP The Golden Age of Kit Kats) so this was all really a waste of time anyway.

All these bars were STUPID and UNNECESSARY.

*STUPID and UNNECESSARY

Flavour Rating: 3 out of 5
Worth Trying?: ABSOLUTELY NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment